Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.
-George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Market

I went to the (food) market for the first time this morning since returning to Cambodia, and although I am used to the sights, I did think to myself, if only everyone I knew could see the things that I am seeing.

Imagine walking through narrow lanes, filled with people buying, selling, eating, driving motos.  I wait for my friend, who is buying pork, which is hanging on hooks.  She is touching each one to see which one is more tender.  Once she makes he decision, the "butcher" uses a hammer to remove the pig hoof, then an exe to cut up the pig leg.

Down a ways are the ladies selling the fish.  I like to buy fish from the market because they are still alive (until you pay)… for the most part.  Beside the alive fish lie large fish head.

Other sights include ladies sitting beside large bowls of eggs, fruit, vegetables, nuts.  Pig heads, and chicken heads wait to by bought.  Behind some vegetables is a salon, where a lady is getting a pedicure, while at the back of the shop there is a double bed holding a father and child.

I hope your imagination works for you to see what I could see.  I wish my mind could take pictures that could be seen by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment